It's finally Fall! The weather is cooler and it is a great time to saddle up! Many trails and equestrian parks are open for riding and you'll be able to enjoy the beautiful weather and scenery!
5 basic tips to get your horse ready for the new season:
1. Make sure your vaccinations are up to date
2. Catch up on your horses’ regular health maintenance: vet checkups, dental examination, and visits with your farrier
3. Utilize a curry comb as it lifts away dust and dirt and massages the skin and stimulates the production of natural oils
4. Try a waterless shampoo if you do not have access to warm water - using as little water in the winter months is essential for your horse
5. Ensure that your horse is drinking enough water, the cooler temperatures tend to decrease the amount of water they will drink